As we look forward to our 2022 season, none of us could ever have predicted the changes that have taken place throughout the country over the past 2 years. Like all of you, we have been affected by those changes, but being Colorado's oldest continuously operating guest ranch means we've got 110 years of experience at riding out rocky trails and rough years. Rather than close our doors to families and individuals who have long anticipated their stay with us--escalated by the stress and unknowns of the past couple of months--it was a communal decision to make the harder effort to do whatever was necessary by state and local regulations to still give that opportunity to our guests who were still able to join us. We know, however, that economic factors, travel and being higher risk changes the game for some of our guests and that's why we've relaxed our cancellation policy to allow families to make those decisions that were right for them. Your health and safety is our highest priority. But for those still able to come, we've been working diligently to adapt our program to comply with necessary guidelines as they've changed and we will continue to do so. For updated information, we'll refresh this page once a week with new details as we receive them. New information will be added in bold, black lettering.
**We ask that in the weeks prior to your stay with us, those traveling here practice as many safe measures as possible to decrease the risk of bringing any illness to the ranch. Those include social distancing, mask-wearing and frequent hand washing/sanitizing when coming in contact with others. If you are experiencing any symptoms or have had any exposure to someone with Covid symptoms, please contact us and we will happily help you reschedule a future stay with us or completely refund your deposit.
At this time, there are no CDC guidelines required by the ranch. However, in a continuing effort to keep our guests and staff healthy and happy, we continue to adhere to the following precautions:
1) Dining room seating will be spaced and both the dining room and River porch seating areas will be open for families and individuals to utilize more room if desired.
2) Face masks for our guests will not be required, but you're welcome to bring one if you desire.
3) Hand sanitizer will be available in all common areas and our staff will be wiping surfaces every two hours to help minimize germs.
4) To limit entry into your cabin, you have the choice if you would like daily housekeeping or just porch service. More details will be provided when you arrive.
5) Counselors continue to encourage lots of hand washing!
6) Our hilarious and famous STAFF SHOW will be returning this summer!
7) At this time, the rafting company is opening June 1st. Families will be able to raft within their family groups. Smaller groups will be assigned rafts with others outside of their group. Masks are not encouraged on the rafting portion of the trip due to safety in case someone were to fall out of the raft. However, they can be worn for the transportation to the rafting site if you choose. Guests will need to provide transportation to and from the rafting company. If you are arriving to the ranch by train or shuttle, we can discuss transportation for Thursday rafting only. Please note that rafting availability is subject to water levels in the river at the discretion of the rafting company.
8) If you plan on driving through Rocky Mountain National Park on your way in or out, due to restrictions on numbers in the park, entry to the park is timed and you must have a reservation to enter the park between 6am and 5pm. They do fill up, so we recommend holding a spot as soon as you know your estimated time.For reservations, please visit https://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvisit/permitsandreservations.htm
As you can see, we've been working thoughtfully with our committed staff to create a safer environment for our guests. Although no situation is risk free, we're doing what it takes to comply with safe practices and still offer the service and experience we're known for. If you've shared a stay with us, you know that flexibility is what we are all about. We'll do whatever it takes to provide a positive experience for our guests and we'll be making every effort to make your ranch vacation one you'll treasure the rest of the year. No effort is too great for our valued ranch guest family!
Please call or email us with any specific questions or concerns you may have. We're a quick call or email away! Hope to see you on the trail soon!
The Bar Lazy J Team