We're excited to welcome you to our Northern Colorado guest ranch!
Bar Lazy J is just a scenic 2.5 hour drive from Denver International Airport. While there are several options for getting to our Northern Colorado guest ranch, the best method of transportation may depend on flight times, the numbers in your group, and whether you plan on enjoying any of the other local attractions in and around the county during your stay.
Although likely unnecessary once you arrive, you may find renting a car to be the least expensive way to get to the ranch if there are several members of your group. Our guest ranch is easily accessible by any 2-wheel drive vehicle.
Directions From Denver International Airport (DIA)
- Take Interstate 70 West out of Denver.
- Take Exit #232 for Highway 40 towards Granby and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Stay on Hwy 40 – pass through Winter Park, Granby, Hot Sulphur Springs, and Byers Canyon.
- 1 and 1⁄2 miles out of Byers Canyon turn left on County Road 3 (road is marked by a small blue sign on the right side of the road that reads "Grand County 3")
- Cross the river and the Bar Lazy J Guest Ranch entrance is on the right. Just pull down the drive and we will greet you and help you unload your belongings.
- If your flight times allow, we most definitely recommend travel to or from the ranch by way of Rocky Mountain National Park. An extra hour of travel allows you to enter the park from its eastern entrance in Estes Park, a bit north of Denver. You'll love the incredible vistas, scenic pull offs and the possibility of viewing some of Colorado's wildlife including elk, moose and Bighorn sheep. Once through the park, you'll exit near the town of Grand Lake and the ranch is just another scenic 45 minute drive southwest of there. We’re happy to help you plan your route!
The Amtrak train arrives from Denver, Colorado and from the West into Granby daily. The train is a lovely, comfortable ride through the mountains. Be aware that the train leaves early from Denver on Sunday morning, so anyone arriving by plane would need either a very early flight or to spend the night before in Denver. We will meet you in Granby at no cost to you, but be sure to let us know when you are scheduled to arrive.
For information and reservations call (800) USA-RAIL.
"Bustang" bus service offers one daily bus shuttle to Parshall and back to Denver. The west bound bus leaves from Grand Central train station at 3:15 pm and arrives in Parshall around 6:10pm where we would meet you and drive you down to the ranch. (**Please note that dinner begins at 6 pm on Sunday evening. If you would like time to settle in and not be rushed to join dinner, perhaps look at another shuttle option for arrival and use this for departure if flight times allow.) The east bound bus leaves Parshall at 8:30 am and arrives at the Grand Central train station around 11:20 am. You would need to take the public tram from the train station to/from the airport. Although they have a set schedule, this is the most affordable option for coming and is a great option for smaller groups. For more info, check out https://ridebustang.com/craig-denver-schedule/
From Denver International Airport (DIA), Home James Transportation (800-359-7536), a Colorado-based van service, will bring you and your family to Granby and Go Alpine Transportation (970-879-2800) will bring you to Kremmling. We will gladly meet you in either town. Each travels at different times, so knowing your arrival and departure times will help you know which will best suit you. Reservations for transportation service should be made prior to your arrival. The shuttle charges per person each way, so be sure to check their current pricing in order to determine if they can meet your needs best.
Private Shuttle Service
Larger groups may find a private shuttle service to be more cost-effective. Private shuttles will meet you at the airport and transport your entire group right to the ranch at a flat rate for various sized vehicles. Most are more than happy to make a stop at the local grocery and/or liquor store along the way if you like. Please contact us for recommendations on current Bar Lazy J group transportation suggestions.